Where is God and why is he silent?
In May’s issue, our theme is silence and we look at the different ways of interpreting this.
- Author Glenna Marshall shares the silence she felt when God didn’t (seem to) answer her prayers. And the grief she felt when, as a pastor’s wife, she did not feel able to speak about her pain out loud.
- Our readers share their stories of experiencing the transforming power of God.
- We meet those behind a new ground-breaking conference for women abused in childhood.
- Knowing when to be silent. We speak to Elaine Storkey who says Churches have often missed the underlying point Paul makes about orderly worship, and seen him as setting restrictions on women.
- Kathleen Bustamante urges us to switch off the distractions and tune into Jesus.
- Veronica Zundel challenges us to make space for silence each day.
- Penelope Wilcock explains why we need silence in order to hear from God and bring his word to others.
- Urenna Kiwanuka reveals what she has learned during her first few years
- Plus Katrina Robinson continues her story of what happened when her husband left her, revealing how she found fresh faith.
Wherever you are on your faith journey, Premier Woman Alive offers ideas, inspiration and advice to help draw you close to God and to live out what you believe.